Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Elisa Schwartz becomes Elisa Jordana

What's the difference?

Elisa Schwartz is the former Cobra Starship keytarist. Gabe Saporta, Cobra Starship's frontman, says she left to work on her solo career, while Schwartz says she was replaced. Schwartz is also a self described "nervous girl who never really knew where to fit in."

Elisa Jordana is a pop super-starlet, and pretty much the opposite of Shwartz in every possible way.

"I feel like since the whole Cobra Starship thing happened, I've sort of turned into Elisa Jordana. I've been recording and doing photo shoots, and I've sort of turned into this glamorous pop star," Jordana told MTV news. "Like the other night, I decided I needed some press photos — and I really wanted to be in a bathing suit — so I called my friend, we found this Mexican taco stand that was open at, like, 3 a.m., and I just went for it. Elisa Schwartz never would've been able to do that. Elisa Jordana did. So that's the name I chose to use for my new project."

"I wanted to collaborate with the most awesome producers, make hits, get the biggest deal and have fun while doing it," she continued. "I mean, like, I really want to rap, so on 'Nymphomaniac,' I rap. It's that simple."

Jordana admits to tracking the current success of her former band, and says that she is not at all jelous of the band's new keytarst, Victoria Asher.

"She's doing a real good job. I admire her. And she MySpace-messaged me recently, saying, 'I know you have beef with me, but I really love your songs.' She went out of her way to talk to me, which I appreciated," Jordana said. "And I love the new record [Cobra] did. I'll always admire Gabe [Saporta] and what he did for me. I mean, I'm aware part of the reason people are paying attention to me is because of Cobra Starship."

When asked if she'll still play keytar Jordana responded that she would.

"Oh my God, of course! Actually, I can't talk about it too much, but I'm hoping to get my own signature keytar," she said. "I want it to be covered with hearts and flowers, and I want it to be wireless. I'm a really good dancer, so I want to be able to move when I'm performing. And I'm a gymnast, too, so I wanna do gymnastics in my set. But who knows? The keytar is pretty heavy."

No comments: